Infineon XMC Microprocessor Debug-BMI set

When I trying to debug the circuit board which designed for digital power using XMC1302T38-0032. I meet such error.

Connecting to target...ERROR: Could not connect to target.
Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...

Finically I found the problem is because BMI (Boot Mode Index) is not right for debug. When XMC1000 device is just out of the factory, its default BMI value is ASC Bootstrap Load Mode. So I change the BMI to User Mode (debug) SWD0 (SWDIO=P0.14, SWDCLK=P0.15). The I can sue DAVE4 to debug the boards.


I use the XMC42_OBD build in on XMC1000 boot kit to debug my board.

image


The method to change BMI is.

1) click the tool icon as below.

 Bmi_Start

2) On the pop up window, you can get or set BMI as below.

Bmi_Get


3) Set the BMI

Bmi_Set_Options


So I suggest before design your own board, try to under stand the BMI options first. Thus, you could design a board could use.


Bmi_Options

评论

此博客中的热门博文

High side switch with P-Channal MOSFET

How to Program XMC Mcu with XMCFlasher